Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Baby, get ready...

I don't want to get all caught up in the whole "New Years Resolution" BS...BUT...I can't help it. As part of my personality, I enjoy planning things, making lists, mapping shit out. It's just how I'm programmed. With that being said...I am a complete Pinterest junkie.

Oh. My. God.

It's so bad. I have over 1800 pins..but it's a love/hate kind of thing.
The website tends to be slow sometimes, and the app on my phone crashes..and freaks out..and..well...I'm a junkie. I can't help it. I have to get a fix and see funny stuff/yummy stuff/creative stuff..ALL THE TIME NOW.

Let's face it...I'm kind of an "outcast" anyway.

But I've come to terms with that...or I'm transitioning into that part of my life, where I "come to terms" with it.

As in...a fuck less I give. :)

I did read an article the other day about how creative people are usually more "eccentric".

Well, there ya go.

I hope everyone had a lovely Christmas! I sure as hell did!

Our tradition is to eat Chinese on Christmas day, and this year my Dad and Stepmother joined us. :)

I enjoyed wrapping all the prezzies, and curling ribbons...decorating...etc...Lots of fun!

I even wrapped presents at work!

I'm glad it's over though...I was tired of fighting the fuzzies off the prezzies. -_-

They still enjoy playing under the tree skirts... lol.

Santa brought them a huge new hammock to snuggle up on...and treats!

Santa brought us a lot too... ;)

Grill, crock pot, Hello Kitty blanket (with sleeves...), Spongebob Shaving kit, etc...

Yeah...the Hello Kitty Blanket...(with sleeves)...Chris feels I should hide this from company, but I insist if it's laid a certain way, no one notices the sleeves...or we could hang it up like a robe. LOL

Some news that has surfaced recently, my unofficial-sister-in-law is Pregggeerrrs!!!

4 months worth!

I'm kind of excited, but it's hard to resist... For some reason I'm extremely passionate about pregnancy/labor/delivery, taking care of a baby/parenting in general...

And I don't want to be one of those people cramming "useless" advice down your throat, when you least want to hear it.

I also...don't want to be one of those people with all the "horror" stories. lol

So...I'm going to do my *best* to keep my mouth shut.

Maybe I'll limit myself to offering advice, only when it's asked of me? That seems fair.

I'll do that. :)

There's very few like-minded individuals, who think similarly to me. Or even have the same ideals, goals, and values.

One of those few people, I share a bed with. Maybe that's why we work so well?

Our goals are the same?

So much has been kind of happening!

Had the pleasure of hanging out with our friends as of late. It's been nice seeing them, and hopefully we'll get a lot (or just a few) together Friday for our "Fight Night".

The last time we hung out with Brody and Lauren, I made a "Epic Food Places" note in my phone...It's our "Bucket List" of places we keep talking about visiting. Maybe with it all organized, and in one place (instead of our scattered thoughts...) it'll motivate us to save the money, and make the damn drive!

I've kind of been keeping a note of some funny stuff being said here, and there on my phone...

Did I mention I am a hardcore iPhone lover? Love. It.

Love the new update too!

Here are a few for giggles:

  • Stanky was being bad so we let him play in the couch- Ferret Daycare.
  • Chris was looking for the TV remote and I was opening up my chicken nuggets so I said, "I dunno..." then started singing, "Carry on your way my son..." looked to the right and saw the remote and said, "Oh! Here it is." Chris' reply, "Sure, don't look for the remote and just sing Boston to me..."
  • One night Stanky was playing in the couch, and Stanky sneezed, and Chris giggled and said, "it sounded like the couch sneezed.

I think we're weird people....

Speaking of weird people, and their weird tendencies...


I've always been more of a "natural" inspired person, as in...I'm kind of a convenience hippie.


I don't know how many of us there are, but I know we exist...


I'm not hardcore dreadlocks, no bathing, barefoot, hairy pits...lol...I'm such a stereotyper.

And I make up words! Woo!

BUT...I have been reading a LOT lately about the "No 'poo" movement. It's amazing the crap we learn from the internet, isn't it? My children won't know what life is like WITHOUT the internet, I barely do...I've been computer-active since I was 8 years old...


Wow.


So the no 'poo consists of either NOT washing your hair at all (maybe water here and there but nothing else), or with non-conventional "shampoo"...which is what I'm using. I'll elaborate in another post, I don't want to mix this all up in one big rambling, just in case I need to re-link.


Anyway, I'm on day 5, and there's hope for my nasty hair. lol


It's not that dramatic...not for me anyway?


I don't know if I've ever written about this, but I also use a "Diva Cup" during my monthly "moon time".


I did not make that up. I stole it from someone else. lol


Since my IUD (which is the only hormone-free product on the market right now...besides the taking your temp/avoiding sex options) causes me to have heavier/crampier periods...

My moon time was never traumatic or anything before...so I figured I could handle an increase in symptoms...and I can! I feel better for it, because I know I'm not injecting crap into my body, that doesn't necessarily need to be there. It has copper in it, which some people have issues with...but *knocks on wood* I've had it over 2 years and I must say, I love it.

The Diva Cup doesn't leak like tampons do, and I've NEVER been good with pads so that's not something I have a lot of experience with/interest in.


I have been playing with the idea of making cloth pads though for those ridiculously heavy days/work/back up.

I'd be more comfortable with cloth, than a big plastic and paper number between my legs.

Very unglamorous topic, I realize...

Ladies! It must be discussed, we must be informed, we must not be ashamed of our bodies, and their productions. Seriously, it'd be a lot easier for me to use my Diva Cup in public, if I could rinse the damn thing out in a sink...


I'm not here to product endorse, so you can Google it...just know it's silicone, zero chemicals (tampons have been bleached...), reusable, saves me moniesss.


And it's comfortable once you get used to "installing" it!


So, no 'poo isn't my first experiment in to the "chemical-free" world...I'm also a big fan of cleaning with either Dr. Bonner's dilluted soaps, baking soda, vinegar, lemon juice, etc...


Confession: There's a commercial grade Tub and Tile cleaner that I fell in love with a long time ago. I choke and cough up blood (okay not really) every time I use it...but it's sooo amazing.


Scrubbing tubs no more!...Truth be told, if we stopped using all that ridiculous chemical laden product then our tubs wouldn't be so gross? Some food for thought.


I hope (by the end of 2012) that I've completely switched everyone in my household over to more natural products.

Fingers crossed.

I'm test driving everything myself, then I'll try to convince Chris...and Mally will fall into my footsteps, noooo problem.

List of things I hope to replace:

Toothpaste

Deodorant

Shampoo/Conditioner

Bar Soap

Traditional Moisturizers


Oh, it can be done. Like I said, just convincing Chris...


I have a condensed version of my Goals for the New Year. :)

(appearing in no particular order, yet.)

  1. No 'poo. (Try to get Chris on board too...)
  2. Start switching over to more natural products.
  3. Continue easing into a healthier, more natural diet/lifestyle.
  4. New job. (No brainerrr.)
  5. Try to be more social, build stronger friendships/bonds. (I've got a little idea in the works.)
  6. Do more creative things, and document them.
  7. Continue to purge, and de-clutter.
  8. Be more active: More yoga, more sex. < My favorite.


That's not *everything* but it's the gist of my list. Nothing too major happening, just realistic goals I set for myself, to make me happier. :)

Okay! Onto the next one! <3






No comments:

Post a Comment